Welcome to Black Belt Club!
To be a black belt is a tremendous honour, and a sign of utmost commitment to improving yourself and reaching your absolute potential! Becoming great at anything first starts with a commitment to yourself, to your goals, and to your team. The Black Belt Club at Momentum Martial Arts is our commitment to helping every student with the goal of obtaining a black belt realize their dream!
Please read all of the information on this page, and once you are clear what this invitation letter is that your child has received, please allow them to read the Invitation Letter, or better, read the letter to them, if you’d like. Invitation to Black Belt Club is intended to be an experience for the student in and of itself and anything you can do as their parent to enhance this will make for a more special experience for your child.
WHAT IS BLACK BELT CLUB AND WHY SHOULD MY CHILD JOIN?
Everyone needs to have a goal to strive for. Kids are no different. Becoming a Black Belt is not only a dream that kids think about every time they re-watch Kung-Fu Panda, it’s also the ultimate goal in martial arts.
Everything starts with a commitment. Not always a big commitment, even the simple act of starting your day begins with the commitment to yourself of getting out of bed. One foot in front of the other.
Black Belt Club is a program designed to encourage young students to be their best. It allows us the opportunity to focus not only on martial arts, but on personal growth of your child in order to set them up for success, and to take their lessons learned in martial arts outside of the Academy and into the real world.
Black Belt Club goes beyond martial arts. Regular check ins regarding grades at school, good behaviour at home, and good deeds comprise what we call the Good Samaritan check in. Your child will be empowered to track their own good behaviour, and you – their parent – will receive regular reports from our Coaches on their progress. All of this is done in the background of their regular martial arts training, providing your child the best opportunities to succeed, and it all starts, like everything good in our lives, with a commitment to make it happen.
how does this work?
Black Belt Club is a big deal, right off the bat. Students are chosen by specific invite, given by a Coach to students who meet the criteria for this exclusive club.
If you are reading this page, your child has received such an invite. We have seen the potential that your child has shown in class, and we believe that they would benefit from the additional attention, instruction, and coaching that the Black Belt Club offers. Now, you as a family, must decide whether you would like to accept the invite.
If you agree with us that this is the right step for your child, you and your child will sign and return the acceptance letter that was included with their invite. Bring it to class, and have them hand it to one of our Coaches.
When your child was presented with their invitation our Coaches made a big deal about the invitation being extended from a super elite organization. You, no doubt, noticed the look and wording of the invitation letter itself. We do this to make invitation a big deal for your child, and we encourage you to continue this excitement and feeling of exclusivity for your child as they return their acceptance letter. If your child chooses to return the letter discreetly with a wink and a nudge, we encourage this bit of imagination and creativity.
If you have any questions before accepting the invitation, this is a great opportunity to ask our staff. Please email us at [email protected], phone us at 306-244-5711 or message us through Facebook. Even better, come in and speak with one of our staff who will be happy to give you any information you need before making a decision about this program.
BENEFITS: Black Belt Club members get the following:
– Includes regular membership (Access to regular classes)
– Includes additional Black Belt Club class each week
– Student gets special Black Belt Club Patch to put on their Gi
– Student gets standing 10% off BJJ Gi’s and Rashguards
– Student gets a standing 5% off to the following extra curricular events at Momentum: Night of the Ninja, After School Program, PD days, Summer Camps
– Preferred Enrollment: Guaranteed registration to specific extra curricular events, for the Black Belt Club Student and up to 1 additional guest, even if the event is full, up to 48 hours before the event starts
– Special Invites to Seminars: Black Belt Club Students get special invitations to attend our Adult Only Affiliation JiuJitsu seminars hosted 2 times per year by Professor Pat Cooligan – our Affiliation Head Instructor. These seminars are usually closed to students in our Kids Program.
WHEN: Black Belt Club will meet every Saturday at 9:00am for a 45 minute session.
The Black Belt Class is designed to further the goals of the Black Belt Club student. Class subjects include:
– Martial arts practice
– Mat chats: Being a good person, leadership lessons, teamwork, Living the 8 Virtues of Martial Arts, etc.
– Check ins (quarterly)
A Student must receive a special Invitation Letter to join Black Belt Club. To have received an Invitation Letter a Student will have met this criteria:
– Student must be Grey Belt (approx 1 year training)
– Must have maintained membership for previous 12 months of the year
– Student must between the ages of 7 and 11
*Exceptions to this criteria may be made at the sole discretion of the Head Instructor of Momentum Martial Arts.*
Continued Eligibility: In order to remain a member of Black Belt Club a Student must maintain the following:
– Must maintain membership for full 12 months of the year
– Must attend minimum of 3 classes per week. 1 of those classes can include the Black Belt Club Class. This average must be maintained for 12 month period (100 classes).
– Must attend minimum 3 Black Belt Club Classes per month. Must maintain this average for 12 month period (24 classes).
– Must maintain Good Samaritan Report (to be filled out by parents and child) every quarter (4 times per year). Report is a check in related to:
* Behaviour at home and at school
* Maintaining good grades in school
* 1 example of good behaviour towards others
* 1 act of selflessness requiring sacrifice
– Must Adhere to the Black Belt Club Student Code of Conduct at all times inside and outside of the Academy.
- $89.99+tax Biweekly. This membership replaces your current membership and is NOT in addition to your current pricing. Other payment options are available including 6 month and 12 months options. Ask our staff for details.
- $99+tax Registration Fee. *NOTE* This Registration Fee is WAIVED if the student has maintained their regular membership for the previous 12 months prior to enrollment in the Black Belt Club (Or is currently enrolled as an After School Program participant).
What Do I Do Now?
If you like what you have read and would like to have your child accept the invite to Black Belt Club, please complete the following:
- Have your child sign and return their acceptance letter.
- Stop at our front desk next time your child is in class and register your child for Black Belt Club. Make sure you pick up your Parent Information Package when you register.
- Bring your child to Black Belt Club as part of their regular training schedule.
- Enjoy watching your child grow and suceed!